Paid Nonprofit Membership Internship with a Progressive Nonprofit in D.C. (Potential to convert to full-time role)
Are you recent graduate looking to build skills and experience in nonprofit membership management through a PAID year-long internship? This PAID internship lasts from August 2019 to August 2020, with the potential to convert to a full-time staff position during that period.
The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) in Washington, D.C., is looking for a membership intern. In this role, you’ll get a chance to learn more about and interact with progressive nonprofits and foundations across the country that are engaged in the daily fight for a more equitable society.
You’ll learn about program support - managing financial and activity records, maintaining a database of contacts crucial to our program’s success, and how to prepare reports to track an organization’s progress. You’ll get a chance to bring new organizations into the fold as we continue this movement to make philanthropy more accountable to the needs of communities with the least wealth, opportunity and power. You’ll get a chance to engage with our member organizations to think strategically about how NCRP’s membership program can best support their critical role in our society and you’ll play a part in implementing those plans.
This intern will have an opportunity to work across teams while deepening their project management skills. If you’re interested in learning more about this sector and building transferable skills for future work, please read more below.
This is a 25-hour per week internship.
*The nonprofit membership intern reports to the Manager of Nonprofit Membership and Engagement.
Daily Program Oversight
• Track financial transactions
• Manage records of membership recruitment and member enrollment into one of our 12 issue area specialties using database campaigns
• Send membership sequence emails for new memberships, lapsed and soon-to-lapse members
• Maintain up-to-date contact information in our database for all members
• Update the member-only website with new resources as needed
• Draft bi-monthly member update emails
• Schedule team meetings and other administrative tasks
Field Engagement – Recruitment and Retention
• Help assemble recruitment lists
• Conduct outreach via emails, phone calls, and local in-person meetings
• Manage follow up and help with the planning of recruitment events as needed
• Answer inquiries from prospects or current members as they’re received
• Conduct orientation calls with new members
• Represent the organization out in the larger sector
Other duties as assigned
• A strong commitment to equity and social justice
• Interest or experience in community organizing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented and personable with excellent follow up skills
• Ability to work independently, with strong organization and time-management skills and comfort with priority changes
• Ability to troubleshoot and take initiative in solving problems
• Creative talents such as web design and video creation are a plus
• Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM databases
• Working knowledge of Zoom or similar webinar platforms
To Apply: See NCRP's website to apply. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We are hoping to fill the position by early October.
NCRP is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes and strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ-identified candidates to apply. NCRP will provide, excepting any undue hardship, reasonable accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.