Are you a person who is a networker, a recruiter, a master of the "ask", and a coalition builder looking to join a team committed to social justice?
If you are, NCRP wants YOU on our team, so keep reading.
We are looking for someone who can easily communicate with individuals from different backgrounds while recognizing the importance of community. We want someone who can see the big picture and gets excited about mapping out the details to get there. They can course correct if work gets off track or the unexpected pops up. This person is someone you can count on.
Are you still with us? Does this still sound like YOU?
If it does, you are the charismatic presenter we want. You enjoy planning events, big and small, and don’t mind being tasked with ensuring a good turnout. You keep good records, use databases, and are technology savvy. Your friends say you are "a creative," but also have that "analytical side." You have lent your skills and designed PowerPoints, flyers, and social media graphics for family on more than one occasion and are a "natural" when it comes to navigating social media platforms.
If you are still reading this job description then you are the passionate individual we are looking for. DON'T HESTITATE another minute to help meet the needs of this social justice moment and APPLY TODAY! Change cannot wait another day and neither can we.
Here are some specifics about the Membership and Marketing Assistant Position:
Areas of Responsibility
Nonprofit Membership Support (75% of the job)
• Processing payments and new sign-ups, renewal reminders, running monthly reports and other routine tasks
• Database management ensuring all information is accurately tracked from current memberships to event attendees, prospect lists and member engagement
• Leading membership recruitment which includes crafting prospect lists, conducting outreach and serving as a thought partner for this process
• Representing NCRP at events as needed, especially events where NCRP can build its brand, general knowledge of the philanthropic sector, engage in recruitment activities
• Managing relationships and agreements with vendors who provide membership benefits in tandem with our COO
• Routinely tracking data for our quarterly evaluations process
• Coordinating and leading the monthly new orientation
• Handling technical and logistical aspects as well as other kind of support in membership meetings with nonprofit members and staff
• Working across teams on projects where the membership perspective is needed or members themselves have opportunities to play a role
• Responding to queries received from current and prospective members
• Maintaining an awareness of engagement and satisfaction of all members in order to better meet needs and secure high retention rates
Marketing Support (20% of the job)
Assist Director of Marketing and Membership on marketing efforts where needed. This could include, but is not limited to:
• Writing, creating and scheduling social media posts where compelling social images, gifs, videos or other types of content are used
• Identifying days and topics to recognize as well as strategic partnerships and placements for our materials and messages
• Scheduling meetings with project teams and vendors & helping to coordinate the collection of information and materials from staff and vendors
Contribute to NCRP’s organizational success by keeping up with all required administrative tasks. (5% of the job)
• Complete and submit timesheets and any other necessary administrative documents in a timely fashion.
• Update Bamboo HR with requests for vacation leave, sick leave or other needed time off.
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Attend any necessary All Staff or Department trainings.
• A strong commitment to equity and social justice
• Familiarity with community outreach and grassroots organizing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented with capacity to creatively research and synthesize information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to work independently, with strong organization and time-management skills and comfort with priority changes
• Ability to troubleshoot and take initiative in solving problems
• Ability to compile and ship handouts and materials for events
• Microsoft Office proficient, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM databases
• Working knowledge of Zoom or similar webinar platforms
This position will be remote given current circumstances, until safety improves. Support will be provided as necessary to make this feasible for the selected candidate. NCRP is closely following social distancing guidelines in place for the DMV area.
Hours and Salary: Starting salary for this position is $42,000 a year and that includes a very generous benefits (health insurance, retirement, and annual leave) package.
Application Process: Send a cover letter, a resume and a one-page writing sample via email to email@example.com with “Membership & Marketing Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
NCRP is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Your application was submitted successfully.