Do you wonder about the best ways to measure long term structural changes? Do you get excited about facilitating group learning? Do you find patterns, connections and stories where others might only see individual data points? Do you dream in excel sheets and gantt charts? Are you committed to social justice?
NCRP is adding a fully remote Evaluation Manager position to its Research and Evaluation team. This new position will facilitate and coordinate intra- and inter-departmental evaluation and learning and ensure NCRP's staff and stakeholders are equipped with the best analysis possible about our current impact and ways we could have more.
Start date: July 2022
Salary range: $65,000-$85,000 + annual 8% 403(b) contribution + 100% of employee healthcare premium
The Evaluation Manager will be primarily responsible for:
Design and ongoing implementation of evaluation plans for NCRP's major programs in coordination with program staff (65%)
- Working with staff to identify and track key program and departmental metrics and indicators for NCRP's campaigns and programs.
- Analyzing the many nuanced, complex impact indicators across our varied work by leading group meaning-making processes and writing extensively for internal NCRP audiences.
- In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, continually improving our evaluation infrastructure and systems to maximize data collection while minimizing the capacity burden on program staff.
- Keeping up to date on the latest and greatest evaluation tools and field best practices, particularly as it relates to advocacy and social change.
Build NCRP staff capacity to communicate effectively about our impact to our board, our donors, our members, and other stakeholders (20%)
- Presenting to NCRP's board about our impact and preparing other staff to present to the board and/or other audiences and stakeholders.
- Supporting NCRP staff with fundraising proposals and reports, member newsletters, and other materials by providing insights and data about NCRP's impact as needed.
Collaborate with NCRP's Chief Operating Officer on annual work planning (10%)
- Supporting staff in designing accurate and meaningful indicators for the coming year.
- Facilitating space to capture reflections and learnings by programmatic teams and summarize trends and findings.
- Ensuring that the annual workplanning process is informed by strong data analysis of the impact of the previous year’s strategies and activities.
Contribute to NCRP’s organizational success by keeping up with all required administrative tasks. (5%)
- Completing and submitting timesheets and any other necessary administrative documents in a timely fashion.
- Updating Bamboo HR with requests for vacation leave, sick leave or other needed time off.
- Attending monthly staff meetings, the biannual All Staff in-person DC Home Week retreats and All Staff and/or Departmental training.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- You're a master storyteller - you can weave together quantitative and qualitative feedback seamlessly.
- You're laser focused, even when your work is different every day - you aren't daunted by the prospect of working across multiple systems for collecting impact data and multiple project teams; you're excited
- You tell it like it is - you're confident enough about what you know to communicate the nuance and uncertainty in your work clearly and effectively
- You lead by example – you aren’t afraid to practice a new skill in front of a group of colleagues to encourage our shared learning and growth.
- You inspire your coworkers to work toward a common goal – you have experience managing up and sideways, building and wielding power within an organization to accomplish shared goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required include the ability to read printed materials and computer monitors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NCRP is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.