Digital Engagement Manager
National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP)
Remote (headquarters in Washington, DC)
Salary Range: $65,000-85,000
Do you describe yourself as 'chronically online'? Are you the one your friends go to for explanations of the latest memes and trending hashtags?
Do you know how to create digital community and conversations? Are you dedicated to using online spaces to amplify social justice movements and challenge power? Are you a savvy strategist who knows how social media can enhance and extend the reach of traditional press outreach? If so, this might be the job for you!
About NCRP: NCRP works with movement groups to advocate for philanthropy that serves the public interest, functions with the highest standards of integrity and openness, and is held accountable to communities with the least wealth and opportunity. We seek to move more and better resources to frontline organizations fighting for immigrant justice, Black lives and liberation, climate justice, reproductive access, gender justice and more. Founded in 1976, NCRP is a nimble, mission-driven nonprofit that punches well above its weight in impact and influence. Learn more about NCRP: https://www.ncrp.org/
About the Position: This person holds the core task of deeply digitally engaging with NCRP’s partners, allies, and targets. In close collaboration with their colleagues in the communications department, they will develop and implement strategy for a robust and effective NCRP social media presence that furthers our theory of change.
Lead development, implementation, and iteration of social media strategy across platforms (35%)
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments to design social media engagement strategies that support field, membership, and research campaigns and program goals.
- Create and manage a digital content calendar appropriate to distinct platforms that is mutually reinforcing and integrated with broader organizational objectives.
- Define key performance indicators by platform and use analytics tools to prepare social media reports (monthly and after campaign pushes) to continuously iterate and improve.
- Stay up to date on current social media trends, finding opportunities to leverage them to advance the organizational agenda and explore potential new vehicles for NCRP such as Instagram and TikTok.
Strategically engage groups, influencers and targets in the service of NCRP’s theory of change (35%)
- Ensure NCRP is part of relevant conversations, building community with and amplifying the demands and voices of movement groups and coalitions.
- Build and deepen online relationships with nonprofit member organizations, philanthropic allies and movement groups around core issue areas.
- Develop engaging written and graphic content that translates NCRP research, insights and positions into online-friendly and sharable formats.
- Create and maintain critical social media “infrastructure,” including online influencers, partners, and reporter handle lists for NCRP campaigns and ongoing work.
Integrate online advertising and social efforts with traditional earned media outreach (20%)
- Support ongoing relationships with key journalists and media outlets online.
- Work closely with communications department colleagues to craft social media strategies such as tweet thread versions of press releases and online reporter outreach that align and enhance traditional media outreach.
- Collaborate with colleagues to experiment with paid media on social channels and guide NCRP’s learning in this arena.
Support general communications department initiatives and goals (10%)
- Serve as a liaison to relevant communications vendors as needed.
- Other administrative and departmental duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and alignment with NCRP’s values and goals.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in strategic communications.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ professional experience in strategic communications and digital engagement, ideally in a nonprofit or political setting.
- Experience managing multiple organizational social media accounts on different platforms.
- Content creation chops, with skills in Canva, Photoshop and/or other graphic and data visualization tools.
- High comfort level working with databases (familiarity with Cision and/or Salesforce a plus) and experience with social media analytics tools (Hotjar, Sprout Social, etc.).
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to be persuasive, clear, and concise and to adhere to the norms of different platforms while maintaining overall organizational voice.
- Detail-oriented and organized, skilled at time management and juggling multiple priorities.
Keys to Success in the Approach (The How):
- Initiative and ingenuity: You dive right in with proactive ideas and creative solutions, identifying opportunities or new ways of doing things and quickly adjusting when faced with changes in internal priorities or external context.
- Sense of ownership, agency, and resilience: You plan ahead and find alternative paths, when needed, to get to the finish line. You often consult with others but are also capable of getting things rolling without much guidance if the goals are clear. You bounce back from setbacks and hold a high bar even when things are hectic.
- Manages Up, Down and Across: You keep your supervisor and your peers informed and ask for input, guidance, or a decision from them or colleagues in other divisions when you need it. You can relate well to a variety of individuals and have a reputation as a collaborative team player.
The position offers an annual base salary of $65,000 to $85,000 depending on experience. NCRP also offers an exceptionally generous benefits package.
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume. The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been identified. Expected start date of January 2023.
NCRP is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ-identified candidates to apply. NCRP will provide, excepting any undue hardship, reasonable accommodation, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.